Ohio 4-H Sea Camp Info:
- Date: July 15-19, 2022 (Morning camper check-in, time TBD; Morning dismissal, time TBD). Full time attendance is required.
- Location: Kelleys Island 4-H Camp
- What: The mission of Ohio 4-H Sea Camp is to offer teenage youth an introduction to the Great Lakes through hands-on experiences in a variety of aquatic-based programs. Sea Camp will enable participants to experience Lake Erie-based activities and culture such as aquatic science, water recreation, and fishing. The program is a supervised, educational environment fostered by Ohio 4-H and The Ohio State University.
- Who: Teen 15-17 as of the start of camp (July 15)
- What do they do? Participants will take part in small group aquatic experiences including: boating, sailing, paddling, fishing, and more!
- Cost: Camper cost is expected to not exceed $450. This will be confirmed prior to registration materials being available.
Camper registration material will be available online at go.osu.edu/SeaCamp beginning February 1.
- Must be 18+ years of age by July 15, 2022.
- Applications will be available on January 10 and must be received by March 31, 2022.
- Phone interviews will take place in April.
- Successfully complete/pass background check.
- Attend mandatory staff training on July 14, 2022 at Kelleys Island 4-H Camp.
- Attend additional training in the spring and summer via zoom or in-person, along with the entire camp July 15-19, 2022.
Camp Staff applications will be available online at go.osu.edu/SeaCamp beginning January 10.